We’ve built our reputation on quality, reliability and continuous product innovation. We don’t just meet national and international quality standards – we exceed them.
Our quality standards start with our rigorous specification process. Every container we manufacture is processed according to precisely controlled customer specifications. We develop a custom solution for your unique shipping needs – every time.
The specification process analyzes the drum configuration, identifies any regulatory requirements (ANSI, DOT, UN, etc.) and assesses proper usage. In other words, the process ensures our customers have the right drum for the right job. Please always remember that it is not the responsibility of North Coast to determine the hazard class or packing group of any particular substance you intend to ship in drums manufactured and sold by us. That responsibility rests with the filler or offer or for shipment. Likewise, under current DOT regulations, it is the responsibility of the filler or offer or for shipment to assess the suitability of any packaging for transportation, including compatibility with the materials of construction, as well as any gaskets, coatings, linings, surface treatments, service equipment and the like. For more information, see the U.S. Department of Transportation shipping regulations under 49 CFR § 100-199.
As part of our Quality Policy, we regularly review our customer specification process. This review allows us to maintain the safety and quality of our products and to identify potential cost savings for customers.
A certificate of compliance documenting specification conformance is available for every lot.
Our 55-gallon steel drums are American-made and manufactured in accordance with our industry-leading specification process. Depending on your packaging needs, drums may be designed with the following specifications for regulated or non-regulated materials:
- Tight Head (non-removable cover, 1A1 designation for regulated materials)
- Open Head (removable head, 1A2 designation for regulated materials)
- Interior Lined (including epoxy/phenolic, epoxy modified phenolic, 100% phenolic and rust inhibitors)
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) plastic liners
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) plastic liners
- Unlined drums
- Possible configurations include UN-rated ISO, straight-sided, 2 or 3 conventional rolling hoops, “W” style rolling hoops (learn how to read your UN-rated label here.
- Rule 40 Full Open Head (FOH) drum
- Rule 40 Tight Head (TH) drum
- Fittings include T-style, Visegrip and Visegrip II (steel and nylon versions available, with different venting options)
- Internal agitators for product mixing
Markets We Serve
For more than 30 years, we have built our reputation on quality, reliability, just-in-time delivery, and continuous product innovation. It is this dedication to quality and customer service that has afforded us the opportunity to serve some of the largest and most admired companies, including Fortune 100 companies headquartered in the U.S., Canada and abroad. Today, we serve a wide variety of industries, including: